WIA-E Panel at IAC 2016
67th International Astronautical Congress (IAC), September 26th - 30th 2016 Guadalajara , Mexico (www.iac2016.org).
WIA-Europe panel, Wednesday, 28th September 2016, 09:30 - 10.30 “Space: new paths towards a balanced and inclusive development”, Room/venue: Guadalajara Hall 8 in the Expo Guadalajara.
Come and follow our panel discussion on benefits of space research and applications for daily life and nowadays´ emerging challenges. The Director of AEM, Mr. Mendieta, will discuss with four panelists urgent topics like the management of migration challenges, health promotion in remote areas and developing countries through tele-health approaches, benefits of medical research in microgravity and – overarching – careers of young women in the space arena. We are proud that Simonetta di Pippo, Director UNOOSA, Barbara Ryan, Secretariat Director GEO as well as Sandy Magnus, Executive Director AIAA and Minoo Rathnasabapathy, Executive Director SGAC followed our invitation for that discussion.
WIA-E Event Agenda:
- Francisco Javier Mendieta Jimenez, Director General AEM
- Simonetta di Pippo, Director, UNOOSA, Honorary President WIA-E
- Sandy Magnus, Executive Director, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics AIAA
- Barbara Ryan, Secretary Director, Group on Earth Observations GEO
- Minoo Rathnasabapathy, Executive Director, Space Generation Advisory Board SGAC
The IAC is the one place and time of the year where all global space actors come together. The event attracts more than 3000 participants each year. Covering all space sectors and topics, it offers everyone the latest space information and developments in academia and industry, networking opportunities, contacts and potential partnerships