WIA-E Leiden invite you to meet NSO on International Women’s Day
Dear WIA-E members,
on behalf of the Netherlands Space Office (NSO) and WIA-E Leiden we would like to invite you for a special Meet and Greet on International Women’s Day on 8th March 2019.
This special network event will focus on a short introduction of NSO as an organisation, the role of NSO in promoting downstream applications of Earth Observation data in developing countries and the Netherlands. As this event will take place on International Women’s Day we will also reflect on gender inclusivity and we are pleased to have Veronica La Regina as a special guest speaker on this subject. She will hold an interactive presentation where attendees can participate using their mobile phones.
We are welcoming all WIA-Europe members. The invitation will be extended to NVR and SGAC members. There are limited places available so please sign up by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 March 2019.
The programme is as follows:
- 15:45 – 16:15 Walk-in with coffee/tea
- 16:15 Welcome and Introduction by Harm van de Wetering - Director of NSO
- 16:30 National applications using satellite data by Joost van Uum - Senior
- visor Satellite applications, NSO
- 16:50 The Geodata for Agriculture and Water (G4AW) programme by Elise van Tilborg - Advisor Satellite Applications, NSO
- 17:10 Women and Innovation - the “Women & Business 2018” report by Veronica La Regina, RHEA System BV
- 17:30 Closing and network drinks
- 18:30 End
- Prinses Beatrixlaan 2
- 2595 AL Den Haag
N.B. Registration and identification is required to gain access to this government building. Please do not forget to bring your ID!
Note: the NSO is easily reachable by public transport, the parking options are very limited. Directions can be found here: http://www.spaceoffice.nl/en/Contact/
With kind regards,
on behalf of NSO and WIA-E Leiden
- Jennifer Grant and Elise van Tilborg (NSO)
- Barbara ten Berge (WIA-E Leiden and NVR)
- Joanna Ruiter (NSO and WIA-E Leiden)
- Sarah Lammens (WIA-E Leiden)
- Joana Carvalho (WIA-E Leiden)