WIA-E UK invites to networking event on flexible working
WIA-E UK, the South Coast Centre of Excellence in Satellite Applications and Airbus are hosting a networking evening, to be held on 9 October 2017.
The aim of WIA-E UK is to bring together women and men who are interested in supporting and getting involved in a more diverse and equal workforce within the space sector. The group is currently focussing on three areas:
- De-mystifying unconscious bias
- Creation of a network of experts
Please join us to find out more about how women from the University of Plymouth, the MOD, Airbus and Move Ahead Global are experiencing and shaping flexible working.
Along with the short speeches, networking opportunities and refreshments, there will also be the opportunity of a tour of Airbus.
Event speakers and timetable:
- 15.45 Registration & refreshments
- 16.00 Airbus tour
- 16.45 Welcome from WIA-E UK Chair, Liz Seward
- 16.50 Women in Education, Prof. Sherria Hoskins, University of Portsmouth
- 17.00 Defence Sector - Not Just for Men, Joann Robertson, MOD
- 17.10 How much control do I really have, and why does it matter? Clare McNamara, Move Ahead Global
- 17.20 Flexible working at Airbus, Marie-Sophie Fabre, Airbus
- 17.30 Networking and Refreshments
- 18.00 Close
Click here to register to the event.