WIA-E Geneva workshop: role play of a Space ITU-R meeting
For the first time, Women in Aerospace Europe Geneva local group will hold a one day training course on preparing for ITU-R meeting in form of Role Play.
This Role Play will help you to have a first approach to the UN and ITU-R conference protocol through a friendly unformal experience and brainstorming about a topic of the Space sector that could be discussed in a treaty conference at ITU.
Objective of the day
Under supervision of experienced moderators, having a resolution approved by consensus to advance consideration on the international scene on one relevant topic of Space Sector. By the end of this workshop, participants will acquire familiarity with:
- The protocol of the plenary meetings,
- The different roles intervening in the meeting preparation,
- How to draft resolutions,
- Strategy, conflicts resolutions or negotiating aspects,
- Radio Regulations and Rules of Procedure of the Space sector.
- Registration of delegations
- Welcome and introduction of the role play
- Delegations meeting to refine their contribution - Lead by moderator/Facilitators
- Plenary meeting to present the contributions of each delegations and create final resolution
- Debriefing discussion, so that the people involved can learn from the experience
- Closing of the day: Signature ceremony of the Final Act
Men and women wishing to have a first approach or wanting to know more about the UN meetings protocol and Space subjects at ITU-R meetings. Networking with WIA-E members and Friends, WRS16 Participants, Swiss space sector professionals
- When and where: 11 December 2016, from 12am to 6pm, in ITU Geneva meeting rooms
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free event
- Closing date for registration: 26 November 2016
- Limited seats available on a first come first served basis.
- REGISTRATION required to: email@example.com
Organized by WIA-Europe Geneva team